Monday, February 18, 2013

Flormar - 410 swatch

Today I'll show the polish I used as a base for yesterday's converse nail art. I bought it in Turkey for about 4-5 years ago just because I sounded fun to test a new brand. I bought in a grocery store in a shelf filled with Flormar, however I remembered that there where only "boring" colors with a range from pink to red and some purple. I don't remember the price.  I think I picked the funniest color in the shelf but the color however hasn't really triggered me and I've looked at it several times and then put it back in the drawer.

The bottle actually had a description hos to paint the polish (!) and it said that I should paint one coat, let it dry, then paint the second coat, dry and then apply top coat. A two coater I thought and started painting but realized that it still was streaky after the second coat. I ended up in three coats but realize that I would have needed 4 coats to reach opacity as you might see from the photos, especially the sun photo it looks very uneven. The three coats didn't bother me so much since I was going to cover it in nail art.
I think that the photos show the color quite well, it's a aubergine like color going towards red. In some lights it looks really darker and in other very lighter, but many polishes are like that.
My feelings for this polish isn't excited ones. I'm not seeing my self reaching for this wanting it like a full manicure because I got far more beautiful polishes for that. However for nail art it works and I really liked it combined with black and white in the converse nail art.

sunlight outdoors
If I would go to Turkey again and would see a new shelf filled with Flormar in the same boring color range as before I'm definitely not buying any more.

Have you been in contact with Flormar before? Did you like it?

10 comments:

  1. Synd att det kändes så, för det var en snygg färg, men trivs man inte med det så fungerar det inte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja den här färgen är ju inte ful i sig själv. Faktiskt unik i min samling just eftersom den drar lite åt rött. Men såg att Lelack hade ett duochromt Flormar så man ska aldrig säga aldrig. :D När jag köpte lacket var ju innan lackbranchen fattat att marknaden inte BARA vill ha rött/rosa så det kan ju kommit mycket mer kul sen dess.

      Delete
  2. Det är rätt snyggt faktiskt, men kanske inte heeeelt fantastiskt heller ;)
    Ett mellanlack som Sminkan skulle säga ;) hihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag tänkte faktiskt på "mellanlack" när jag skrev/bar detta men vad sjutton heter det på engelska? haha. Det är inte fult men inte det vackraste jag har heller. :)

      Delete
  3. love it! Nice color :) Your blog is great <33

    I would be happy if you join my giveaway! :)
    JOIN MY GIVEAWAY!!! WIN A DRESS
    fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gillar verkligen den här typen av färg. Men Flormar gillar jag inte speciellt. Äger två av deras lack och bägge är väldigt skira och torkar såååå långsamt :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja färgen är det inte fel på men kan hålla med om att Flormar i sig inte imponerat. Ska man hitta ett bra lack i den här färgen skulle jag leta på google efter tex "china glaze purple". (vilket jag gjorde nyss och hittade en del finheter ;) hehe.). Fast det var iaf kul att testa märket eftersom jag inte gjort det förut.

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.