Friday, August 9, 2013

China Glaze - Cosmic Dust, swatch

Oh yikes, I'm slow with today's post and I really doesn't have a good reason why. I really wanted to show and try some of my Catherine Arley's but the sun is no where to be found so let's look at something from the archive. I found Cosmic Dust from China Glaze's latest holographic collection; Hologlam. By now you've seen all of these polishes multiple time but here you'll hear my opinion about it. This also qualifies me for Skimmerskuggan's Holo Friday.

 Cosmic Dust is a dark silver colored holo, pewter would be the correct name for it I guess.

Fluorescent light.
I was a bit disappointed at first, the formula was very thin, I was near splatting drips on the table several times and it demanded 3 coats and it wouldn't done any harm with a 4th coat as well.
Fluorescent light.
After it had dried every thiny defect on my nails showed extra well.. which I've normally don't have a problem with. Feels like I must buff my nails seriously before I try this again!

Natural light, shadow
 Above you see the color with out the rainbows, actually quite nice like that too.

Sunlight.
 The good thing is that the holo is better than expected, on the nails it looks way better than the bottle!  Even in lamp light it actually looks really nice. Linear and beautiful.

Sunlight.

10 comments:

  1. I'm a huge sucker for holo's, this is beautiful. I like the darker shades with holos alot. I know what you mean about it showing any defects, I get that problem with very thin holo's too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really liked it a lot :) Hm, I've seen some defect with some holos before, but this one...seriously! Even though I loved the rainbows I hated my nails equally much when I saw all the defects being so in your face! :O

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!!! I'm also showing a black-ish holo today! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, and off I go to check what holo you're showing for today! :D

      Delete
  3. Har inte testat denna ännu men tycker att den ser fin ut. Fast trist att den hade kass formula...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, den är himla fin, gillar att den är så mörkt metallisk. Ja, formulan var inte ultimat men den var åtminstone inte holosjuk, bara väldigt skir/tunn.

      Delete
  4. Hi Gelic, I am a big fan of this whole collection, yes, China Glaze sacrificed holo effect for the benefit of a more saturated base but your pictures show the whole range of Cosmic Dust so well!!! It is a beautiful polish!!!! I love it :-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the collection too, even though I skipped some of the pinker tones. I agree with you about how CG has solved to work with the collection, I guess that they wanted to have a linear collection and this is what they had to do to get it. :P

      Delete
  5. Vackert! Jag blir genast sugen på min flaska :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, hitta en solig dag oc du kommer älska den! :D

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.