Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Glass-flecked Hello Kitty nail polish, swatch

For this Green Wednesday I have an effect polish which look green on a black background and looks more greenish gray in the bottle. So let's get to it, shall we?

This is a green glass-fleck effect polish which I've bought from one of the members in a nail polish facebook group I'm in. That woman bought this in Thailand and that's all I know about it. It has no name and no number but because of the bottle I call it Hello Kitty nail polish. Since it's an effect polish it's too sheer to have on it's own (I tried) and I would suspect that the base is clear but it's very filled with large irregular shimmer pieces =glass-flecks. For fun I pained my nails with a black creme and a white creme on an accent. I liked it the best on black though, on white it mostly looked a bit dirty even though it did look greenish dirty. Pictures shows 2 coats and picture no 2 shows the polish and color the best. It was also fast drying which always is a plus. I really liked this, I don't have a polish like this in my stash before so it was welcome! Do you like it?



What do you think about this polish? Do you know any other brand which have a glass-flecked polish in a clear base made to be used as an effect polish?

12 comments:

  1. Aldrig sett de lacken. Men det gröna var riktigt läckert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gelic, this looks awesome over black!!! I would also try it over a dark blue or teal, it could look amazing. Hmmmm as for others, I have a bottle of Dance Legend Effect Dark top Coat that seems from the look of it like a bit similar - good idea, I will post about it soon ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I agree. As you say I must try it over blue or teal.
      I'm looking forward for the your post, it will be interesting to see if they're alike :D

      Delete
  3. This is pretty! I love the shape of the bottle too, I'd have assumed Hello Kitty polish to be such a different type of colour rather than so dark, very surprising! :D Not sure if it really counts as the same but I have a topcoat from Picture polish called Hypnotic that has flecks :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I've also imagined HK to only have feminine colors but this is kinda dark. Cool to hear about PP, sounds interesting :D

      Delete
  4. Love Hello Kitty!:))
    This one's so pretty and not really in Hello Kitty's type:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I agree, it looks really different and original :D

      Delete
  5. Jag gillar det gröna! Kanske över guld vore fint? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag med, det kanske jag skulle testa. Alltid kul att testa olika kombinationer med effektlack, även det oväntade kan funka superbra. :D

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.