Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Essence - Mint-Blowing, swatch

Mint-Blowing is part of the LE Fun Fair. It claims to be satin matt and candy scented. The color is the palest of pastel green, it could definitely be mistaken for off white, especially in sun light. So brace your self Karin, it is green, I promise! ;) For more green mani's you can check out Green Wednesday.
In the mint pastel green shade there is also some sparse shimmer, but that only shows in the bottle. On the nail it looks like a pastel creme.

The result looks more chalky matte than satin matte, but it looks nice still. But sure, I prefer matte top coats over matte polishes for a much more even surface. Without tc if feels a bit unforgiving if you know what I mean. Mint-Blowing had the scent of mint, the scent was strong but not bothersome (unless you're eating a sandwich xD) when freshly painted and is almost gone the day after. The formula was butter like and easy to control, almost reminded me of acrylic paint and I needed 2 simple coats. Drying time was on the slower side since I didn't use tc, obviously. I'm surprisingly happy with this polish even though it feels like a spring polish more than a summer polish, think I'm more into brighter shades during August.









Price: 10ml/1,79€ which I bought at Rossman.

22 comments:

  1. Gillar mintiga toner, men doft på lack är inte min grej (trots att jag älskar mintdoft). Skulle kunna tänka mig den här färgen på mina badrumsväggar, den är behaglig =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nä, dofter på lack delar nog många. Jag kan tycka att det är okej, speciellt när det är en subtil doft.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Håller med, och tillägger att det känns vårigt.

      Delete
  3. Tycker det ser väldigt coolt ut, som en minttablett. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, vet inte riktigt om jag föll för detta. Gillar ju vitt och nästan vitt iofs så ja, kanske...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag med, tror dock att jag gillar den mer till våren än sommaren.

      Delete
  5. Antar att det är grönare irl, men gillar nästan-vita lack jag också!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mja, knappt! Det syns att det är grönt, men det är ungefär så ljust som det går utan att bli vitt.

      Delete
  6. Den nästan-vita delen av mig skriker av ha-begär just nu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, ja, gillar man nästan-vitt så fyller den här i kriterierna! Tycker att det är irriterande att essence inte finns i sverige.. under tjugan för detta..

      Delete
  7. It's nice. I do like the colour :-)

    Lol yeah scented are cool unless you are eating and catch a sniff of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      haha, totally agree, it's so weird. XD

      Delete
  8. such a lovely mint color! I'd like to wear this myself one day. I think the quality of this polish looks great as well, Love the swatches that you made for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a nice color, even though I think I'll like it even more for spring. :D

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Håller med, det är så den känns för mig med. :P

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.